Account Executive - Mid Market
What is CleverTap?
CleverTap delivers over 10 billion interactions everyday across our AI-powered customer engagement and retention platform that enables digital enterprises to dramatically improve mobile user retention and conversion rates through behavioral insights, predictive segmentation, user experience optimization, and fully automated campaign orchestration.
CleverTap is the leading customer engagement and retention platform that helps brands maximize user lifetime value. Consumer brands around the world representing over 10,000 apps—including Gojek, Sony, The Meet Group, Ab-Inbev, Fiserv, Photomath, Vodafone, Carousell, and Cleartrip—trust CleverTap to help them improve user engagement and retention thereby growing long term revenue. CleverTap is backed by leading venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Tiger Global Management, Accel, and Recruit Holdings, and is headquartered in Mountain View, California with offices in Amsterdam, Singapore, Dubai, and Mumbai.
CleverTap is Great Place to Work-Certified™ in India and has been named Forbes’ Best Startup Employer in America for 2 years in a row (2020 and 2021). For more information, visit clevertap.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Position: Account Executive-Mid Market
The Account Executive position is responsible for growing the business’ clientele in the region leveraging professional connect and relationships, demonstrating executive presence and value proposition for the CleverTap products. The position calls for a hands on and growth mindset in growing the business. This role calls for a strong hunter mindset in the SaaS sales environment with a track record of closing new business.
- Establish and build relationships with key customers/ prospects so as to understand the customer needs and create a compelling value proposition.
- Interact with prospects and customers, give product demo, presentations and work through the sales cycle to achieve Q-o-Q sales quota
- Build a pipeline for current quarter + next quarter
- Negotiate agreements with the prospects/ customers to close the deals.
- Work with partners and scale the business through them.
- Manage the Salesforce data on a daily basis with meeting notes, sales funnel updation, etc
- Maintain post sales interface with the customers to build long term relationship and enhance the customer satisfaction
- At least 5 years of experience in SaaS selling in the SAAS
- Stronger fit exists for those having experience in working in Startup with a go-getting, hands-on approach, plugged into a hyper-growing sales organisation
- Connect and contacts in the potential customer ecosystem
- Conceptual understanding of APIs, Webhooks, SDKs, Cloud, and SaaS technologies preferred
- Proven experience in leading and building a client portfolio in the USA
- Knowledge of market research, sales, and negotiating principles
- Knowledge of CRM software (eg.Salesforce) is a plus
- Excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships
- Organisational and time-management skills
- Business Acumen
Measures of Success:
- Revenue Achievement (Booking, ARR)
- Revenue retention (NRR)
- Sustainable revenue growth (CAC: LTV)
- Reporting to: Sales Director - South India
- Direct Reports: None
- Functional: Mobile marketing expertise, Martech understanding, Result oriented
- Behavioural: Problem Solving, Consultative selling, Communication and presentation skills, Negotiation Skills
Why join us?
- You are ready for your next challenge
- You want to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where your contribution matters
- You are passionate about technology and its impact on the high growth mobile marketing space
- Scale and fast paced delivery + learning opportunities
What is working at CleverTap like?
- Work, performance and results are real sources of happiness in addition to the fun of working with and celebrating success with an exceptionally talented team
- Hierarchy is a myth, merit is lauded
- Seamlessly shift from working on MacBook to discussing "insert fav book name" over a drink
- Accountability and driving outcomes is the key to success
- Your career here is limited by you and nothing else
- Teamwork trumps individual success