What is CleverTap?
CleverTap empowers digital brands to increase customer retention and lifetime value with the help of data, personalization, deep-tech and automation. We work with thousands of brands globally, including Dream 11, Dunzo, Lenskart, Zomato, Pharmeasy, MX Player, Premier League and GO-JEK.
CleverTap customers leverage Data, AI and Machine Learning for behavioral insights, predictive segmentation, user experience optimization, and fully automated campaign orchestration. The platform ingests ~15 billion user interactions daily, and sends out about 2 billion message notifications each day on behalf of its customers. Our patent-pending technology was invented to solve for scale, speed and security. You can follow our tech blog here - https://tech.clevertap.com/
CleverTap is backed by Sequoia Capital, Accel and Tiger Global. Headquartered in Mountain View, US, our 350+ CTzens work out of Mumbai, Singapore, Dubai, and other locations globally. We’re one of the fastest growing SaaS startups in the marketing technology space.
CleverTap is Great Place to Work-Certified™ and has been named Forbes’ Best Startup Employer in America for 2 years in a row - 2020 and 2021. For more information, visit clevertap.com
or follow us on LinkedIn
CleverTap's software engineers work collaboratively in a dynamic, highly-technical environment to develop a highly scalable next-generation user engagement and retention platform.
Position: Team Lead Backend (Java/Fullstack)
We are looking for an engineering mindset which brings fresh ideas from various areas, including large-scale platform design, analytics, data structures, security practices, large-scale data retrieval and processing environments. As a Team Lead you will be guiding a team of software engineers and working closely with product managers, QA engineers, and designers, software engineers, and will be responsible for designing, building, deploying and scaling various products under the umbrella of CleverTap Platform.
- Understand the functional and nonfunctional requirements, specifications and drive the story development by working with the team member
- Design and develop highly scalable, highly available, reliable, secure and fault tolerant systems with minimal guidance
- Adhere to the system design philosophy and goals and bring improvements to the code quality across platform
- Collaborate with cross functional teams (Product, Design, Data Science, SDK, Frontend developers, QA) on planning and execution to achieve delivery/output and seamless integrations with interdependent systems
- Build reusable code and libraries and follow high code standards, unit-testing and automated test coverage
- Own the entire lifecycle of feature development, test, deployment, fixes and improvements
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science from premier institute with top grades or equivalent practical experience
- 4 - 8 years of experience in back-end development (Designing, developing, testing and deploying large scale applications with one of the JVM languages or other server side technologies
- People Management/Team Leading experience is a must.
- Must be proficient in Java, J2EE, Databases, Spring, etc.
- Strong fundamentals in Data Structures, Algorithms and System Design, OOP, Design patterns etc.
- Strong programming concepts(Object oriented programming concept, design patterns etc.)
- Able to understand and implement CI/CD (Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery)
- Sound knowledge of Agile methodologies, TDD and automation
- Endless curiosity and ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Has prior excellent and demonstrable engineering track record
- Must be familiar with RESTful APIs and able to design and implement low latency services
- Excellent troubleshooting skills - memory leaks, GC tuning
Measure of Success:
- Ensuring that the team writes quality and bug free code adhering to the functional and nonfunctional requirements
- Follow standard practices (Unit Tests, Reduce technical debt, Code Coverage, Integration Test, etc)
- Reports to: Director/ Manager Backend Engineer
- Direct reports: None
- Functional Competencies: Programming, system design and analysis, data structures and algorithms, Agile development
- Behavioral Competencies: Analytical problem solving, attention to details, teamwork and collaboration
Why join us?
- Be a part of a global growth stage startup
- Work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where your contribution matters
- You are passionate about technology and its impact on the high growth mobile technology space
- Innovate at scale, with learning opportunities
What is working at CleverTap like?
- Work, performance and results are real sources of happiness in addition to the fun of working with and celebrating success with an exceptionally talented team
- Accountability and driving outcomes is the key to success
- Your career here is limited by you and nothing else
- Teamwork trumps individual success