What is CleverTap?
CleverTap delivers over 10 billion interactions everyday across our AI-powered customer engagement and retention platform that enables digital enterprises to dramatically improve mobile user retention and conversion rates through behavioral insights, predictive segmentation, user experience optimization, and fully automated campaign orchestration.
CleverTap is the leading customer engagement and retention platform that helps brands maximize user lifetime value. Consumer brands around the world representing over 10,000 apps—including Gojek, AirAsia, Sony, Vodafone, Carousell, and Cleartrip—trust CleverTap to help them improve user engagement and retention thereby growing long term revenue. CleverTap is backed by leading venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Tiger Global Management, Accel, and Recruit Holdings, and is headquartered in Mountain View, California with offices in Amsterdam, Singapore, Dubai, and Mumbai.
CleverTap has been named Forbes’ Best Startup Employer in America for 2 years in a row (2020 and 2021). For more information, visit clevertap.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Position: Data Scientist
Mission to build systemic intelligence across the CleverTap product to deliver rich, relevant and actionable insights to its client
- Collaborate and work closely with cross-functional teams to identify problem statements to keep in sync with clients’ pain points resulting in increased retention of existing customers and acquisition of new customers
- Apply and/or create methodologies to give structure and solve business problems in the most optimal way to enhance business impact
- Educate/train internal and external/prospective stakeholders to correctly use CleverTap’s analytics and engagement features to solve business problems
- Create or assist in creation of thought leadership for marketing and branding efforts
- Create analytics reports and insights for internal and/or external stakeholders
- 2+ years of demonstrable work experience in analytics/quantitative data analysis
- Degree in Applied Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or other Quantitative Field
- Experience and knowledge of statistical modelling and machine learning techniques with focus on Deep learning
- Experience with statistical software (R/Python)
- Experience in working with large datasets and NoSQL languages
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Measure of Success:
- Writing quality and bug free code adhering to the functional and nonfunctional requirements
- Follow standard practices (Unit Tests, Reduce technical debt, Code Coverage, Integration Test, etc)
- Reporting to: VP Data Science
- Direct Reports: None
- Functional Competencies: Programming, system design and analysis, data structures and algorithms, Agile development
- Behavioral Competencies: Analytical problem solving, attention to details, teamwork and collaboration
Why join us?
- You are ready for your next challenge
- You want to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where your contribution matters
- You are passionate about technology and its impact on the high growth mobile marketing space
- Scale and fast paced delivery + learning opportunities
What is working at CleverTap like?
- Work, performance and results are real sources of happiness in addition to the fun of working with and celebrating success with an exceptionally talented team
- Hierarchy is a myth, merit is lauded
- Seamlessly shift from working on MacBook to discussing "insert fav book name" over a drink
- Accountability and driving outcomes is the key to success
- Your career here is limited by you and nothing else
- Teamwork trumps individual success