Production Support Engineer
What is CleverTap?
CleverTap delivers over 10 billion interactions everyday across our AI-powered customer engagement and retention platform that enables digital enterprises to dramatically improve mobile user retention and conversion rates through behavioral insights, predictive segmentation, user experience optimization, and fully automated campaign orchestration.
CleverTap is the leading customer engagement and retention platform that helps brands maximize user lifetime value. Consumer brands around the world representing over 10,000 apps—including Gojek, AirAsia, Sony, Vodafone, Carousell, and Cleartrip—trust CleverTap to help them improve user engagement and retention thereby growing long term revenue. CleverTap is backed by leading venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Tiger Global Management, Accel, and Recruit Holdings, and is headquartered in Mountain View, California with offices in Amsterdam, Singapore, Dubai, and Mumbai.
CleverTap is Great Place to Work-Certified™ in India and has been named Forbes’ Best Startup Employer in America for 2 years in a row (2020 and 2021). For more information, visit clevertap.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
CleverTap's software engineers work in a dynamic, highly-analytical environment and develop a highly scalable next-generation user engagement and retention platform.
To debug, design code updates/solutions to fix reported issues and assist in production support off hour system emergencies.
Key Responsibilities :
- To provide daily support and on-call engineering support with a resolution of escalated production issues to ensure they are resolved in a timely manner
- To interface with customer support (CS Team) to help resolve technical issues
- To work closely with technical teams to enhance the quality of existing product
- To develop debugging tools
- To follow coding standards, unit-testing, code reviews
- To follow release cycles and commitment to timelines
- BS / MS degree in computer science from premier institutes with top grades or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of programming experience in Java
- Android or iOS development experience (Good to have)
- Strong problem solving and debugging ability
- Familiarity with Linux commands, API Frameworks
Measure of Success:
- Number of production issues resolved successfully
- Efficiency in debugging
- Debugging tools developed which aid in identifying the root cause
- Following structured approach to solve problems and document/communicate effectively with other teams (CS, Engineering, Product etc)
- Functional:Debugging ability, prioritization and scheduling skills
- Behavioral:Strong problem solving, sense of urgency and prioritization
- Reporting to: Manager Production Support
- Direct Reports: None
Why join us?
- You are a leader ready for your next challenge
- You want to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where your contribution matters
- You are passionate about technology and its impact on the high growth mobile marketing space
What is working at CleverTap like?
- Work, performance and results are real sources of happiness in addition to the fun of working with and celebrating success with an exceptionally talented team
- Hierarchy is a myth, merit is lauded
- Accountability and driving outcomes is the key to success
- Your career here is limited by you and nothing else
- Teamwork trumps individual success