Vice President - Strategic Accounts (Customer Success)
Mumbai, Customer Success
What is CleverTap?
CleverTap delivers over 10 billion interactions everyday across our AI-powered customer engagement and retention platform that enables digital enterprises to dramatically improve mobile user retention and conversion rates through behavioral insights, predictive segmentation, user experience optimization, and fully automated campaign orchestration.
CleverTap is the leading customer engagement and retention platform that helps brands maximize user lifetime value. Consumer brands around the world representing over 10,000 apps—including Gojek, Sony, Vodafone, Carousell, and Cleartrip—trust CleverTap to help them improve user engagement and retention thereby growing long term revenue. CleverTap is backed by leading venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Tiger Global Management, Accel, and Recruit Holdings, and is headquartered in Mountain View, California with offices in Amsterdam, Singapore, Dubai, and Mumbai.
CleverTap has been named Forbes’ Best Startup Employer in America for 2 years in a row (2020 and 2021). For more information, visit clevertap.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Position: Vice President - Strategic Accounts (Customer Success)
You will play a critical role in our business. You will lead the relationship with our strategic customers globally through a team of Customer Success Managers dedicated to strategic accounts. This team will be responsible for ensuring that our strategic customers are maximizing the value from the CleverTap platform, adopting product capabilities and are having great experience at every touch point.
- Own retention and growth of strategic accounts and collaborate with our sales team in account planning and developing growth opportunities
- Ensure that our customers are receiving measurable business value from our platform and achieving their strategic business objectives
- Serve as a trusted advisor to our customers, be a domain expert for them and ensure that they are adopting all key capabilities of our platform for their business use cases
- Engage senior customer executives around our vision/ roadmap and collaborate with them on product co-creation and innovation initiatives to advance customer goals
- Collaborate with the broader customer facing teams to ensure successful onboarding and training of new customers and act as a point of escalation for customers
- Project manage all customer initiatives and cross-functional collaboration to ensure consistent customer communication and experience
- Create customer success plans, lead adoption workshops and deliver executive business reviews to senior customer stakeholders
- Champion the needs of our customers and create a feedback loop to our product, engineering and sales teams that improves our ability to serve our customers
- Create frameworks, strategies and processes that will allow us to scale value realization, product adoption and customer experience across a large customer base
- Recruit, develop and retain talent to create a world class CSM team and provide leadership that maximizes the potential of each individual in the team
- B Tech in Computer Science and MBA from top tier university/ college
- 12+ years of experience in consulting, customer success or product management for a SaaS company (preferably in CRM/ Sales tech/ Mar tech space) or from strategy consulting firm in technology space
- Experience of leading $1M+ customer engagements and delivering outcomes to customers
- Experience of engaging c-suite customers for companies in India and also globally
- At least 3 years of experience of leading a team of Success Managers/ Account Managers
Measures of Success:
- ARR retention and growth
- Adoption of the CleverTap platform
- Customer Net Promoter Score
- Customer advocacy - case studies, success stories, references
- Employee productivity and retention
- Direct Report: Customer Success Managers (3 - 5)
- Reporting to: Chief Customer Officer
- Functional competencies: CleverTap product proficiency, Understanding of customer database, martech products, system integration, project management
- Behavioral competencies: Customer centric, Business acumen, People leadership, Communication and Influence, Executive presence
Why join us?
- You are ready for your next challenge
- You want to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where your contribution matters
- You are passionate about technology and its impact on the high growth mobile marketing space
- Scale and fast paced delivery + learning opportunities
What is working at CleverTap like?
- Work, performance and results are real sources of happiness in addition to the fun of working with and celebrating success with an exceptionally talented team
- Hierarchy is a myth, merit is lauded
- Seamlessly shift from working on MacBook to discussing "insert fav book name" over a drink
- Accountability and driving outcomes is the key to success
- Your career here is limited by you and nothing else
- Teamwork trumps individual success