Vice President Engineering
What is CleverTap?
CleverTap empowers digital brands to increase customer retention and lifetime value with the help of data, personalization, deep-tech, and automation. We work with thousands of brands globally, including Dream 11, Dunzo, Lenskart, Zomato, Pharmeasy, MX Player, Premier League, and GO-JEK.
CleverTap customers leverage Data, AI, and Machine Learning for behavioral insights, predictive segmentation, user experience optimization, and fully automated campaign orchestration. The platform ingests ~15 billion user interactions daily and sends out about 2 billion message notifications each day on behalf of its customers. Our patent-pending technology was invented to solve for scale, speed, and security. You can follow our tech blog here - https://tech.clevertap.com/.
CleverTap is backed by Sequoia Capital, Accel, and Tiger Global. Headquartered in Mountain View, US, our 350+ CTzens work out of Mumbai, Singapore, Dubai, and other locations globally. We’re one of the fastest-growing SaaS startups in the marketing technology space.
CleverTap is Great Place to Work-Certified™ and has been named Forbes’ Best Startup Employer in America for 2 years in a row - 2020 and 2021. For more information, visit clevertap.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
CleverTap's software engineers work collaboratively in a dynamic, highly-technical environment to develop a highly scalable next-generation user engagement and retention platform.
Position: Vice President Engineering
Key Responsibilities :
- Lead all software development (planning, architecture, implementation), QA, and operations to create robust and reliable solutions that deliver against an ambitious product roadmap
- Lead a team of highly skilled technologists to transform existing frontend and backend architecture into a platform that can support a suite of applications and services
- Collaborate with the product team to align business and strategic goals with technology-driven initiatives
- Lead and participate in complex problem solving with the cross-functional team to create innovative and scalable solutions
- Build the engineering team with top-class talent, develop the team of Engineers and Engineering Managers
- Provide guidance and mentorship to the team of Engineers, Engineering Managers in proactive solutions to business problems and support them grow in their career
- B Tech / BE in Computer Science with experience in design and implementation of scalable and high-performance systems
- 12+ years of experience including 6-8 years of demonstrated success leading teams to architect, develop and maintain complex products and mobile applications (IOS/Android)
- 6+ years of experience with highly available and fault-tolerant software into highly distributed and scalable cloud-computing environments, with particular emphasis on and knowledge of the Amazon Web Services cloud computing environment
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate agile product development strategies
- Business strategy and goal-oriented in approach to decision making, prioritisation and performance measurement
- Strong leadership, people management, communication, and analytical skills
- Self-driven and tireless in the pursuit of high-quality results in a fast-paced environment
Measures of Success:
- Product / Feature launch as per the roadmap
- Apps performance metrics
- Time to resolve issues
- Team Engagement and retention
- Reports to: Sr VP - Engineering
- Direct reports: Engineering Managers
- Functional Competencies: System design, analysis, and architecture, data structures and algorithms, Agile development, Workforce planning/ forecasting
- Behavioral Competencies: Problem-solving, people leadership, attention to details, teamwork, and collaboration
Why join us?
- Be a part of a global growth-stage startup
- Work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where your contribution matters
- You are passionate about technology and its impact on the high growth mobile technology space
- Innovate at scale, with learning opportunities
What is working at CleverTap like?
- Work, performance, and results are real sources of happiness in addition to the fun of working with and celebrating success with an exceptionally talented team
- Accountability and driving outcomes is the key to success
- Your career here is limited by you and nothing else
- Teamwork trumps individual success